What is svchost.exe?
svchost.exe is one of the known system processes that belong to those needed and safe. The process belongs to the Windows system and is responsible for the operation of files with the extension .dll. You can find several examples of this process in the Control Panel -> Service menu, do not be surprised to see a dozen or so processes there. Svchost can deal with many windows tasks trying to minimize the consumption of system resources.
In addition, you can still see that svchost.exe can occupy a significant portion of your system resources. In this case, you should disable the use of it, which should reduce resource consumption. To do this, do the following:
- Open the task manager by selecting Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Go to the “Processes” section and then select “Processes of all users”
- Right click on svchost.exe where you will see the use of your processor and then select “Go to advanced options”
- Here you should pay attention to the highlighted content and applications – it is just for their operation that the svchost.exe process is responsible for them
- To stop the service, right-click and select “stop service”
- Remember that you should never remove key system components from your computer. It is important to maintain stability and security.
What are the dangers associated with the svchost.exe process?
We would like to warn you that all kinds of viruses can hide under the names of checked files. Svchost.exe is not an exception. If you notice problems with the Svchost.exe process, you should take a closer look at it. In most cases, malicious examples of this file have an “error in the name” of this application, e.g. svchosts.exe, scvhost.exe, scvhosts.exe, svchostc.exe, xsvchost.exe and the like. You can meet many malicious versions of this software by scanning your computer with a proven anti-spyware.